Saturday, August 27, 2011

Journal Continued

The Blog Journal continues.

One of the things I have observed with Alzheimer's is everything is accentuated. (Is that the right word? - I think so...)

For instance, if I drop a bottle cap Don reacts with "OH OH" very loudly. If you shut a door that normally wouldn't cause alarm, he stands up and holds his head. I must be careful with any "sounds"... Interesting, right?

Princess's leg swelling has not changed. But, she is highly concerned with the world and of course her hay. Alfalfa is her main concern. I "treat" her with some alfalfa, but, most of her food world is pasture hay. (Gads, it's $16.00 a bale)

It's great to have a horse I can communicate with.

Animal behavior is my favorite subject. Love it.

P.S. I noticed that my beloved favorite animals are "black"... Princess, crows and of course my wiener dog "Lucy"... Wondering, what that means?

Have a great weekend my friends.



1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

I'm guessing it's because he feels safe reacting to noises that are confusing or unexpected to him - and that describes just about every noise. I'm going to have to give the symbolism of loving black animals some thought - how do you feel about panthers, spiders, and black mamba snakes?