Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dennis is my friend

Yep, he was there this morning, full of crowing and needing some food. I gave him cracked corn, bird seed and oatmeal flakes. OF COURSE, my black beauty Princess, the horse, was right there -- tuned into every bite. Who would guess she would lick oatmeal off the ground. Was Dennis bothered? Not a bit...

Then, about 2PM this afternoon, he disappeared. I stood by the paddock fence and said a prayer that he went to chicken heaven and then, oh no, lo and behold, here he comes walking up our long driveway...strutting his walk...crowing like he was feeling good. I think Dennis, the chicken, is a good friend and I hope the best for him. Right now? He's perched on Princess's corral fence, fast asleep. Must be nice to be a chicken....

to be continued.....

No comments: