Thursday, July 18, 2013

Been A While

Life is moving along. Horse Racing is over and we did great. Attendance was amazing. Folks came out that had never been to a horse race - just to support our fair grounds and keep horse racing alive at Grants Pass Downs. For the first time, a profit was realized - simply stated - the race was run by the Southern Oregon Horse Racing Association, not the County... Profits will be held for next year's races. I can't begin to tell you the volunteer work associated with this effort. - I did my part too... Congratulations to all the members of SOHRA... we pulled it off....

I have met a new friend on line and we have developed quite a relationship by telephone and e-mail. He is anxious for us to meet and will be here to visit in the coming months. He's 1811 miles away -  but I feel as though I have known him forever. He farms and raises cattle. We have so much in common. Could this be a new chapter in my life? I think so, certainly hope so. It's given me direction, enthusiasm and hope. I feel like I have been re-born, thanks to my new friend. Time will tell.

No artwork lately. Been busy finishing up with SOHRA and spending time with my animals, home and yard. I am excited to get back to being creative in my artroom.

Cheers.

Barbara

2 comments:

Barbara Hagerty said...

It makes me so happy to read how happy you are, and how full your life is right now! It only gets better! XOXO

Joanne Huffman said...

Very nice news!