Tuesday, December 20, 2011

What is a blog? Is this about a Spider?






What is a blog I asked myself. It's been so long since I updated it... (just kidding)
It's not been #1 on my list. So today, time permitting I am going to post some pictures.

I was part of the 12 days of Christmas gift exchange on the list An Affair with Art. I decided to make Christmas spiders inspired by an old legend "The Christmas Spider". Since I have no experience in beading, it proved to be quite a challenge. I had to find time at night to pursue this new effort... I have supplies. Something about "beads" made me accrue a collection. Obviously though, I had to buy some different sizes. After making 30 of the large spiders I turned to tiny ones. I think, for some reason, I like working on miniature things. Inches, etc... Here's some photos of my adventure. P.S. Everyone seemed to enjoy their own Christmas spider.

3 comments:

Elaine Akers said...

You certainly did make a lot of spiders. I like both sizes too. Did you find you had a lot of beads that got away from you while you worked on this project? I find seed beads everywhere. :-)

Joanne Huffman said...

I absolutely love my spider and will keep it out to sparkle my hallway after the Christmas pieces ae taken down.

Nancy B said...

I went to Claudia's house the other day to take her a Christmas prezzie and saw your wonderful spider in person! I sure did enjoy getting your postcard from "the two old nags"! My poor mares are sure glad that the rain has stopped and the sun has come out to give them a break.