Wednesday, March 9, 2011

AB Round Robin




I'm in an altered round robin book - you probably know from my horsey pictures - Now, I'm working on Kathy's book "The Dead"... Here's my first spread. It's all about poor Mary. I made the niche in the book by die cutting several pages with a book mark die. Adhered them together and then made the casket cover. They will "tip in" to the book itself. I used acetate and distressed inks to make the casket transparency. The cover of the casket was painted, embossed, inked, and crackled. Poor Mary was a left over Halloween visitor. She is mounted on a tiny dress form...
I have to tell you the epitaph I chose for Mary was difficult. After sizing up both of them I decided to just make her mad... Thought I share my choices:

Here lies Mary with a hole in her heart She got so mad she fell apart.
OR
Here lies Mary with a hole in her heart. She let such a fart it blew her apart.
I think I am having too much fun with this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are soooooo funy Barb, thanks for bringing tears to my eyes this morning lol
Liane :-)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the one where she explodes!!!