Thursday, March 25, 2010



You get old really fast and wonder what happened to your past? Then you find a picture or memento of past years and the memories come flooding back. That happened to me. I was looking at some old photos and realized how much I missed my horses.

In my past life I always had a horse. I think I was born loving them.

At age 16 I got a job and bought one. His name was "Buck" and I'll never forget him. Then came Champ, Pookas, Cricket, Tonka, Banner, Keetah, Sancho, Sister, Tuesday, Whistle, Nellie and all of her other 11 foals. Blue and Rusty were my last two horses. The plans were to bring them to Oregon but Blue got sick and had to be put down. Rusty couldn't make it by himself as he was a crippled horse in love with little Blue. They are roaming horse heaven together even as I write this post...

Once I rescued the ugliest little appaloosa colt named "Dog Food". He went on to become a large beautiful gelding - shown at many events - his name was changed to Royal Kiante.

Fast forward to 20 years later and a move to Oregon with plans of building a barn and riding. Never happened.

Husband has AZ and the future is bleak. What did I do to give me some new direction....listened to those memories and bought a horse. She is a black Morgan aged mare that will pack me anywhere. Now I am in the process of building a small barn with fencing. This is the artist's rendition of the barn and the black sweet face is princess.I have died and gone to heaven.

2 comments:

Barbara Hagerty said...

It's so wonderful that you've done this!!! I really admire your decision and that you're following your heart with horses!! The rendering of the barn looks great! Good for you, Barbara!!

Brenda said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome, jealous!