Saturday, April 11, 2009

Quiltie with an Asian Flair


This was a "stretch" project for me -- but it was fun. I do not sew, although I have a sewing machine. If the thread breaks, bobbin snags I have to get out the book. When I agreed to do a quiltie mingle - that involved sewing - needless to say I was worried.

But you know, it turned out OK. It was suppose to be square but my flap idea didn't work out - so the shape is a little different. It's suppose to hang on the wall and not be part of a quilt so I'm sure the recipient won't mind about the shape difference.

The dragon is cut from an Accucut die and is embellished with felting and jewels.

2 comments:

Barbara Hagerty said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!!! WOW!! I absolutely LOVE the shape, and everything about it, Barbara!! XOXO

Kate said...

Wonderful! What do you mean you can't sew!