Friday, December 12, 2008

Charmingly Yours




Remember all those charm swaps that were happening? (maybe they still are, I'm usually a dollar short and a day late). I was a participant and collected many charms. I even made a special box to hold them. Well, I figured it out. I needed to make some artsy gifts for my artsy friends in the Yaya club for Christmas - so why not put those charms to good use.

I surfed over to SkyBluePink (favorite vendor), and found some great bracelet chains and a sample that looked pretty easy to follow. Since I am not a jeweler type, this was a learning experience. They're finished and I messed up more jump rings than you can imagine BUT after finishing the last one, my jewelry skills improved. Practice does make perfect.

The plastic bracelets are from a garage sale find. I covered them with alcohol inks and gold leafing. They turned out pretty cool.

Ho Ho Ho

3 comments:

Linda Manning Findley said...

oh these are great ... Linda F

Brenda said...

Love those bracelets and all the charms! They are right up my alley! They are great!

Nancy B said...

Beautiful jewelery! You did a great job with the braclets and the charms are a treasure.