Saturday, August 16, 2008

For What it's Worth


I remember my Aunt Caroline (and this was a very long time ago), buying me a red felt-like jacket from Tijuana. Our entire family would go to Tijuana a couple of times a year.

Anyway, the jacket had hand stitching around it (I think the stitching was black) and it had colorful pictures of felt and paint. Thinking about that the other night inspired me to paint this ATC. I water colored on it, used markers, gloss and ink. The stamp is from Stamp Francisco.

Usually, I don't make things quite like this but the memory of the coat made me stretch with colors and textures. On Dia De Los Muertos, I will remember Caroline and the coat. Wish I still had that coat.

1 comment:

SewPaperPaint said...

What a wonderful story, glad you are able to carry on those memories through your art. Hugs,
Autumn Clark